After reading, discuss the article with your partner. Attempt to write a critical analysis of the article. Considering some of the conversations that I heard today, I am adding a what Critical Analysis is NOT.
Critical analysis is not
- A straight description of something
- Making assumptions without checking them out
- Making generalizations which are not supported by evidence
- Accepting information without questioning it
- Saying ‘the writer says this, that writer says that’ without also giving your views on what the differences are between what the two writers are saying. (Drew and Bingham, 2001: 282) in a study skills book.*